To provide fair, accurate and equitable assessments to all property owners in Franklin County.
As Assessor of Franklin County, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our website. This site has been prepared to help you better understand the functions of the Assessor's Office. My goal is to provide you, the property owner and taxpayer, with information that will assist you in understanding the assessment process.
As Assessor, it is my responsibility to insure that all real property is treated fairly and equitably in accordance with Iowa law. My staff and I are committed to serving you efficiently and professionally. Please contact a staff member or myself with questions regarding your assessed value or other matters relating to your assessment.
Carissa Sisson, ICA, RES, AAS
- Real Estate/GIS Website
- The Assessor's Duties
- General Information About the Assessor
- How are Assessments Determined?
- Conference Board
- Why Values Change, Notification, and Appeals
- Protest of Assessment to Board of Review
- Appeal of Protest to Property Assessment Appeal Board
- Appeal to District Court
- Property Owner's Legal Responsibility
- Credits and Exemptions
- Important Dates
- Assessor News
- Related Internet Links
- Examining Board