- Real Estate/GIS Website
- View Available Maps for Download
- Franklin County ArcGIS Online Homepage
- What is GIS?
- GIS - Get To Know The Basics
- Address Application Form
The GIS Department was created in 2006 to serve the GIS needs of Franklin County and its communities. Our goal is to help increase the efficiency and productivity of Franklin County through the implementation of GIS applications and technology. GIS maintains a large database of digital mapping layers covering the entire county. In the Franklin County Geographic Information System features, such as parcels, municipal boundaries, zoning, hydrology, roads, and recreation areas, are represented as map features which are linked to a database containing essential information.
GIS is used by several county departments, such as the County Conservation Board, the Auditor's Office, the County Engineer, and the Assessor's Office. We maintain equipment, software and data, and produce hard copy maps to support the use of GIS by county agencies. The Franklin County GIS Department also manages the sale of mapping products and GIS data for private and public users.
Available Data & Fees
The Franklin County GIS Department maintains data that is available for purchase and use. The fee schedule is set by the GIS Committee and approved by the Franklin County Board of Supervisors. Please contact the GIS Department for information regarding specific uses and restrictions.
Cadastral data is available, including township, section, subdivision, block, parcel, lot, road centerline, and road right-of-way (ROW) boundaries. Additional layers available include voting precinct boundaries, zoning boundaries, conservation areas, and soil data. All digital data is updated as needed and is available in ESRI shapefile format. All data maintained by the Franklin County GIS Department is projected in NAD83 State Plane Iowa North. The units are feet.
Hard copy map products are also available for purchase, including road maps, property maps, and special request maps
- Iowa Geospatial Data: https://geodata.iowa.gov/
- Iowa Geographic Information Council: http://IowaGIC.org
- Iowa Counties Information Technology: http://IowaCountiesIt.org
- Iowa Geographic Map Server:http://ortho.gis.iastate.edu
- Iowa Cooperative Soil Survey:https://www.iowaagriculture.gov/FieldServices/cooperativeSoilSurvey.asp
- Iowa Office of Transportation Data (DOT):http://www.iowadotmaps.com